Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pumpkins and Panhards

Following up on two of my current topics:


a contemporary advert for the Dyna Panhard - it can overtake a horse-drawn buggy!


and I could have got one with RHD back in the day...

In fact we're inclined to wonder if the Panhard in the Bon Coin advert in the previous post in fact has an engine in it, otherwise why would it be so cheap with such low kilometrage?  I'm half inclined to contact them out of curiosity.


It rained and rained today, but I made it to the bottom of the garden, picked scarole (I think that's a kind of endive) and Welsh onions, and Chinese leaves and a last few peas, for a kind of home grown petits pois à la français, and made another small dent in the pumpkin mountain, to bake with rigatoni and cheese - Tom had chicken and butter beans.


The pumpkin made a scary face at me.

That's it for tonight; thanks again for all the kindness, laughs and fellow feeling, I'll try to answer get round here or at yours ere long.

2 comments:

Rouchswalwe said...

I've put my Jack o'lantern out for the squirrels, raccoons, and possums. It looks like this one's soul-brother. Eeek! But the little critters must be happy for the nibbles.

I remember being flummoxed when I arrived in Japan. The cars there are RHD, and when I asked why, I was told that it was because the samurai wielded swords and that the samurai were always right-handed.

Sheila said...

That pumpkin face is hilarious.