Monday, December 06, 2010


34 cm and counting!

Couldn't get out of the gate,

and this is what the car looked like.


Now it's more or less disappeared, washed away in the rain, so back to work this morning.  For myself, I was quite glad of it, as there was no two ways about not getting out, it was pretty and a novelty, and it gave me some much appreciated time to catch up with some things which I really needed a chunk of undisturbed time at home for.  None of which was keeping up with this blog or anybody much else's, I'm afraid.  Still, quite a few more snowy pictures to come, and I'll try to get about again.  Though now, of course there'll be all the things I cancelled and put off to catch up with.  How do people work full-time and raise families, I often wonder?

Back soon.

9 comments:

Roderick Robinson said...

Oh, it's a tape measure. I thought it looked too fragile for serious snow clearing. Can't match your depth but how about -10C at 10 am last Friday?

rb said...

Crikey, that is a lot of snow.

Like you, I quite the suspension of normal everyday happenings and the opportunity to bed down and get some of the neglected things done.

And snow is a lot of fun. I ski-ed down our street on Tuesday with the boys. Such a laugh.

herhimnbryn said...

Send snow, send snow...

Nimble said...

I'm glad you had a good (and productive) snow-in. I love the quiet when the roads are full of snow and I don't have to go anywhere. Those of us with children and full time jobs just leave a lot of things undone or are very sleep deprived. Despite my untaxing job I am in the former group.

Catalyst said...

Somehow I never think of snow when I think of France.

Wine, yes.

Snow, no.

Pam said...

By not doing anything else (to answer your question).

We're still deep in snow. The novelty has worn off.

Lucy said...

Yes, it sounds a bit tough in Scotland...

Nimble and Isabelle, but that's the point, you do do other things; Nimble you also blog, read loads of books and write intelligently about them, make creative Halloween costumes, go skinny-dipping with pagans and baptists and stuff, Isabelle, you read loads and look after elders and sing in choirs and who knows what - I know your children are bigger now but I get the impression you've always done plenty of things. I am very impressed by so many people's lives.

Rose Hunter said...

Hi!
I just came over, randomly clicking, from your comment at Dorothee Lang's Language / Place. I like yr blog!

the polish chick said...

ugh. i lived in northern alberta (canada) for almost 27 years. over there winter lasts from october to may, a lot of it hovers from around -20C to -40C and there is snow, snow, snow. as you would expect, NOTHING stops, else we'd never get anything done. have i mentioned how much i despise winter and its dreary monochromatic insistence on cold? your admittedly lovely pics made me run for a hot cup of tea. thanks for the reminder of what i'm missing and how lovely that feels.