Friday, February 06, 2009

Another possibly unintelligible abstract image, something to be very pleased about, Molly in pink.



The collection of pictures of the watermill in various guises of snow, ice and flood is growing, but I am struggling to find an original and appealing way of presenting them, and as my other half has found compelling reasons to be on the computer a lot of the time (which, overall, as he was quick to out point out, amounts to probably a blink of the eye in comparison with the hogging of it on my part over its lifetime), I decided to add to the series of, I hope, puzzling abstract images instead.
~

Further, lest it seem that I have been rather drearily miserable of late, here is something that is causing me to dance a little dance of joy. Over at Qarrtsiluni, a collaboration with marvellous, talented, inspired and inspiring Anna the Apprentice. Trouble was, we got so carried away with our enthusiasm that we wrote extensive, digressive and even illustrated process notes, which the editors, rather than telling us not to be daft and go away and cut them right down, decided to publish separately. So the poems and pics are over there now, but if you want to know how we did it, you'll have to wait till Monday. But you can hear Anna's lovely melodious Scottish tones, and myself sounding like a petulant five-year-old, reading the poems aloud.
~

And finally, specially for darling Hliza, Molly in pink lampshade, which actually looks rather more red, but matches quite nicely the pompoms on the shawl in which she was luxuriating. We've been doing quite a lot of that lately. Not quite as photogenically gorgeous as Hliza's own sleeping cherub, but rather cute...
~

14 comments:

Michelle said...

Stunning work on qarrtsiluni, Lucy and Anna. Congratulations.

Molly!

Anonymous said...

Loved your pieces in qarrtsiluni! And you did not sound like a petulant five-year-old, Lucy, you sounded lovely and very professional! Wonderful to hear your voice.

And, as always, I think your photos are fantastic. Red is my favourite colour too.

herhimnbryn said...

How good to hear your voice L. Both poems and readers were a wonderful start to the day.

Moll, the colour suits you.

HLiza said...

Ha..thank you for the pink (red?) lamp shade! Auww..I'm never a dog person at all..but Molly seems cute to me now in that pink lamp shade..and so stylish with that pom-poms! Thank you so much for the nice words in your comment previously..you warmed my heart..

Rouchswalwe said...

Hearty agreement with Marja-Leena ... the placing of the pauses and stresses in your reading of Goatskin, goatsong brought it to life for me. My first English teacher was British, and I miss hearing the language very much here across the Pond.

Bee said...

Congratulations on your poetic triumph!

Granny J said...

Abstract or representational, your photographs are always a pleasure to see, Lucy.

Jen said...

Ooh, lovely words and images over there... I am strangely excited to see the 'workings-out' though. What a fabulous idea.

Dave King said...

Both lovely in their different ways. I love the so-called unintelligible ones - they stimulate the imagination.

Unknown said...

...What a pleasure it is to hear the voices of people who you know only by their written words. It's like someone stepping out of shadows into the light.

Roderick Robinson said...

Wow, what a complex voice. An archaeological opportunity for someone. But not me. Given my regional imperfections I'd better stick to deconstructing your prose.

However, I'm glad to have solved one thing that's been nibbling (thanks for the loan) at me. Who does the garlanded Mol remind me of? It's now obvious: Judi Dench as Queen Elizabeth in "Shakespeare in love".

Lucy said...

Thanks all, and thanks to Anna for being such an imaginative and dynamic collaborator. I tend to forget that for much of the world a British accent is a bit quaint and interesting!

Funny the way we put together our impressions of each other piecemeal here, starting with this inner voice, a photo here or there, then perhaps a recorded voice or moving image; the antithesis really of how we become acquainted in the real world...

Hliza - I know you're not, and that's why I appreciate your warm and funny responses about Molly!

BB - Nothing remarkable, 'Enry 'Iggins; home counties middle middle class, elderly parents, state primary school followed by private secondary, Welsh university, now this expatriate milieu... just kidding, I was really raised by a family of feral cocker spaniels.

Lucy said...

... oh, and yes, it's definitely Dame Judi, isn't it? Certainly not Helen Mirren or Cate Blanchett...

meggie said...

Molly looks so comfortable!