Saturday, December 09, 2006

Water and rock, Dives and Lazarus.


' I heard the voice of Jesus say

" Behold I freely give

the living water, thirsty one;

stoop down and drink, and live."

I came to Jesus and I drank

of that life giving stream;

my thirst was quenched, my soul revived,

and now I live in him.'


Regrettably, I can't make it real, quite. But there's times I wish I could. As much for others as for myself.

' Dives and Lazarus ' is one of the most beautiful melodies. In riches of spirit, I am Dives, complacently gorging myself, ignorant and uncomprehending of the sufferings of Lazarus. How does one redistibute such wealth?
Thinking of you, rr. And others. ' I had not thought death had undone so many.'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart. Only just got here. This is beautiful and wonderful and is why I did get here. Thanks are inadequate.

Marly Youmans said...

Interesting that you have two bouts of pondering Dives. I used him recently in a poem about a dead friend. He haunts.